Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Treehouse of Adulthood

This comic originally ran about a year ago and can be found on this blog in its original form. I decided to update it with color, mainly because I thought the pond creature should have green tentacles and the in-laws lurking inside the tree should have yellow eyes. Incidentally, my mother-in-law is visiting this weekend. As usual, this is available for purchase as an 11"x17" poster (email me at gsnider11@gmail.com) so you can put it up in your cubicle of employment or useless hobby zone and eventually stash it in some closet with your exercise equipment. 

11 comments:

  1. My mother in law visited us yesterday but I didn't design anything.

    www.macmartins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, I love how "hopes and dreams" is on the highest, unreachable, branches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How deeply depressing. I guess what makes it so is that... it's all true.

    I'll be using this chart as a reminder of things I really should do (like read all the books I've been meaning to read), continue with my meaningless hobbies, ignore that swinging rope.

    For things beyond my control, particularly that creaky old career ladder, perhaps it's time to try more than one ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this brilliant poster! I had to share it on my blog. Hope its ok, if not, send me a word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. It sums up 99% of our lives to the T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So if I spend too much time on the coffee and beer branch, do I never get to learn all the answers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slimbolala: actually the coffee and beer branch will help you find all the answers. Stay tuned for a future comic on that very subject, maybe sometime next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any chance of getting in a size suitable for a desktop background?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the divorce swing! :)

    good summation of worldly activities. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another funny one. I like 'The cubicle of employment'. Keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete